Constantly growing, the Oral Implantology Study Club is now divided into 3 components:
- workshop sessions,
- evening seminars,
- and surgery sessions.
Open to all study club members, workshop sessions are one day sessions that are usually held on Saturdays. Every year, many different workshop topics are covered, such as anterior esthetics, practice management, dental technology, and different types of bone grafting techniques. The sessions consist of lectures, demonstration surgeries, and hands on components.
SEE BELOW FOR OUR 2021 PROGRAM.
- Saturday February 20 and Sunday February 21, 2021: Dr. Jill Bashutski speaking on Advanced Bone Grafting with a Soft Tissue Grafting Review (lecture and live patient surgeries) 12 CE hours
- Saturday April 10, 2021: Penny Hatzimanolakis speaking on The Prcoess of Care Module, ADPIE and GBT for Dental Implants (lecture and staff day) 4.5 CE hours
- Saturday October 2, 2021: Dr. Michael Yang speaking on Anterior Implant Esthetics (lecture)
- Saturday October 23, 2021: Dr. Richard Miron speaking on Current PRF Research and Techniques- Bio-Heat Technology (lecture)
- Saturday November 20, 2021: Dr. Scott Martyna speaking on Full Arch Implants – Smile in a Box (lecture)
- To be rescheduled: Study club members present their case studies (lecture)
- Thursday May 13, 2021: Allan Boos (denturist) speaking on Full Arch Removable Restorations on Implants (lecture) 2.5 CE hours
- Tuesday September 14, 2021: Dr. Kirk Sutton speaking on Implant Prosthetic Design
- Tuesday October 2, 2021: Dr. Frederick Li speaking on Bone Grafting and Socket Grafting (lecture)
- Wednesday December 8, 2021: TBA
These days are opportunities for attendees to bring in their own patients for a variety of procedures including simple implant placement, bone grafting, sinus lifts, sinus augmentations and immediate load cases. Dr. Li assists all cases personally providing a one-on-one learning experience unlike other study clubs. For attendees with 3-4 cases, a private session is also available. If booking a new technique (ie sinus lift) for the first time, please attend the appropriate workshop session first.
Most workshops and evening seminars are held at 2nd floor- 225 W 8th Ave, Vancouver.
Surgery sessions are held at Dr. Frederick Li’s office at 1115-750 W Broadway, Vancouver.
For more information, please contact Dr. Frederick Li today.